Their resettlement caseworkers provide support known as Through the Gate. They will work with you while in prison and help you to resettle back into the community on your release.
The ‘Through the Gate’ service begins as soon as you enter prison. We will work with you to find out your needs and write a plan to help you resettle back into the community. This might include helping you to:
- find somewhere to live
- manage your finances and debt
- find a suitable job
- find training or education courses
- maintain positive relationships
- access health services
- think about your choices in life
- access specialist support services.
We will share this information with the National Probation Service and other agencies who can support you when you leave prison.